1. Sending care packages to missionaries abroad is so 1970.
So not true. I got a package from a friend last week. It made my day. Possibly my week. What she gave me was incredibly awesome and thoughtful, but the mere fact of getting a pudgy envelope in the mail from someone who was thinking of me was of surpassing encouragement.
Plus, she’s abroad herself, and I’ve never gotten mail from Taiwan before.
I remember sending jolly ranchers to someone in deep Africa or Central Europe when I was young. I personally think Jolly Ranchers are gross, but I know now what it must have been like to get the comforts of home.
In fact, if you have any of the following (and have a deal with Fed Ex), feel free to send it on:
– Yellow rice
– Semi-sweet chocolate chips
– Hazelnut creamer
– White running socks from Target
And if you happen to have access to any of my stuff:
– That green skirt I really like
– the blue dress that I took home at Christmas and never should have left there
– My black zip-up “jumper”